Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Comming of... Sub-Mariner!"
The Human Torch sees a bum in a bar who reminds him of the Sub-Mariner so he tosses him in the ocean to see if he can swim. The bum turns out to be the Sub-Mariner and the water returns his memories. Subby falls in love with Sue and uses his horn to summon a monster to eat New York. The F.F. stop it and Subby goes back to the sea.
- Sub-Mariner - First Modern Appearance
- Giganto (Atlantean beast) - First Appearance; Destroyed by explosives!
- The US Army
- Various New Yorkers
- The Human Torch uses his famous "Flame On!" battle cry for the first time in this story.
- Namor swims from New York to the site of Atlantis in the North Atlantic and back in the span of a few minutes!
- The Sub-Mariner is the very first Marvel character, predating even Marvel Comics #1 (1939) ! He first appeared in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (1939),
- For unexplained reasons, the Fantastic Four's uniforms have blue trim around the gloves and boots in this issue. They return to normal in issue #5.
- Mister Fantastic, the Invisible Girl, the Human Torch and the Thing all last appeared in Fantastic Four #3; They all appear next in Fantastic Four #5.
- The Sub-Mariner last appeared in TBD; He appears next in Tales of the Marvels: Inner Demons.
- Although Giganto was destroyed in this story, another Giganto appears in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comics Magazine #7.