Volume: Journey Into Mystery
Thor (Odinson) (Dr. Don Blake)
Loki - First Appearance
Asgard - Home of the Norse Gods
Trapped by Loki, The God of Mischief
In a remote area of Asgard stands a tree in which Loki, the god of mischief, is imprisoned by the other gods. Loki cannot escape unless someone sheds a tear for him. He accomplishes this by tricking Heimdall, the warder of Bifrost, using a leave. Loki wants revenge against Thor, who is the cause for his imprisonment. He travels to Earth and disguises himself as a normal human. He transforms some people into negatives, which lures Thor to the scene. Loki makes himself known to Thor and the two start a battle. Loki hypnotizes Thor and makes him give his hammer to a false image of himself. When Thor changes back to Dr. Don Blake, the hypnotism wears of and he starts looking for his hammer. After he founds it, he chases Loki and defeats him by capturing him with a piece of pipe. Thor swirls Loki back to Asgard by means of his hammer.
- This is the first time we learn that Odin is the father of Thor.
- This is the first time we learn about Asgard and Bifrost.
- The story is divided into two parts. The title of Part 2 is "The Vengeance of Loki".
- Bifrost is the rainbow bridge that connects Earth and Asgard.
- Loki shows his power to turn into mortal form, turn people into negatives, use hypnotism, conjure mental images, command animals, and make objects alive.
- Thor appeared before in Journey Into Mystery 84
- Thor appears next in Journey Into Mystery 86
- Loki appears next in Journey Into Mystery 88